The UN is pulling non-critical staff from Darfur after the indictment of Sudan's president increased tensions there. Isn't this like what happened in Rwanda in 1994 just before the genocide began--protecting UN lives at the cost of African ones?
Posted by David Ignatius and Fareed Zakaria on July 1, 2008 5:00 PM
FROM THE PANEL
- Should the World Help Iran Protesters?
- Iranian Election Aftermath
- Obama's Cairo Speech
- Has the World Lost Confidence in U.S. Economic Management?
- The Future of Newspapers
- U.S., Israel on a Crash Course Over Iran?
- Threats From An Interlinked World
- Reconciliation for Turkey and Armenia
- All Past Questions